In RLA we are reading and writing Greek myths. We are learning about different morals and lessons that come with the myths that we read. Also, we are working on different ways to generate ideas to write our own myths. After reading a lot of myths, we have realized that the myths explain how some things came to be in nature. Once we had read lots of myths and learned more and more about them, we did something called mythology 2.0. This is where we use fakebook, story builder, fake tweet builder, or fake iPhone text. We all chose a myth, then used our knowledge of that myth to create a conversation between two or more people. I chose to do the myth about Echo. For my mythology 2.0, I did fake iPhone text. This is where I make a conversation with two people from the myth I chose through texting.
The myth that I chose is about Echo. While Zeus is away with nymphs Echo would lie to Hera, Zeus wife, to distract her from looking for Zeus. As a reward Zeus gave Echo a beautiful gold ring. Unfortunately, Hera soon found out about Echo’s lies. She said, “because you lie so much, I will make sure you can never lie again. You shall only be able to repeat the last words of what some else has said.” From that point forward Echo could not speak unless she was repeating what someone else said.

No comments:
Post a Comment