Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Birthday Smells Like...



I wrote this poem to show what a birthday means to me. Most people at my age can't wait for their birthday because they're getting older, get presents, and get to eat yummy cake. I like this part of my birthday as well. This is why I started my poem by mentioning what birthday physically smells like, which is all the good things.

Then I start to talk about memories of past birthdays, celebrated with family and friends. This, like the previous part of the poem, shows parts of my birthday that I enjoy. What I start to change here is that I no longer am talking about physical smell. In fact, I don't talk about smells here. I am sticking with a pattern so it flows better, by continuing to say "birthday smells like". But, am trying to say what I want to say in a different way, using the same pattern as before.

The end is where I finally show my other opinion about birthdays. I used "smells" in the same way for this part, that I did in the previous part. Except in this part I go into more depth. For I say what I really think about getting older. When I say, "aging to fast" I'm saying I wish time could go by slower so life can go by more slowly, and it wont be over as soon. This is why I say, "I wish the birthday smells could stop". Not because I don't like my birthday, I love celebrating it, but because it means I don't have to age so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment