Monday, 10 February 2014

The Door Scene Critique

1. Which group's storyboard did you get after the big switch? What were your first impressions         when you received the group's storyboard? What were some of your fears/concerns about             filming this storyboard?

We got the storyboard made by group one, Ryan Y, Abeer B, and Alexa B. At first glance it looked very clear and easy to understand, even though the order was all over the place. The only fear I saw was having to film trees shaking, and then braking, but we found a solution.

2. What did you like about the group's storyboard? What did you not like about the group's  
storyboard?

I liked how it was clear and easy to understand, with very straight forward scenes. I also liked how they didn't put in angles, so we had the chance to explore and come up with cool ways to make the door scene creepier and more intense. The only things I disliked is that we had to make one of the scenes a little different, because the picture showed the trees breaking, which we couldn't do. The other thing was that the order of the scenes on the storyboard was random, so we sometimes got confused of what to film next. It went scene 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 3, but this was't much of a problem.

3. After filming and editing, what feedback do you have for the group?

Although I enjoyed being able to be creative, I suggest that the group have more specific instructions on what angles and sound effects to use. However, the storyboard was easy to understand, and easy to shoot, so I think that they did a good job, besides not being specific on certain areas. 

4. After shooting someone else's storyboard, what have you learned from this experience? How   will this affect your future projects?

I now know how important it is to create a very clear storyboard. If you don't only you will be able to understand it, so the filmers and actors wont know what to do. In the future I will now know to have very specific and clear storyboards, this will hopefully help my groups to understand what I'm trying to create.

5. After viewing another group's interpretation of your storyboard, what is your opinion of your  
film idea? What improvements/changes will you make to your storyboard? What will you 
keep?

When I saw the film based on my storyboard, it wasn't how I had pictured it. Some of this is because they didn't follow my instructions. However, it was also because I didn't make it clear as to what sound effects to use, and how long each shot should be. I think that my film idea can be made better if I am more specific on certain things. I know that I can make improvements on my storyboards in the future by adding the timing, and what the sounds should be like. I now know that I should keep my specification on directions for angels and clear directions in the pictures.



           

No comments:

Post a Comment